Here's the new and improved version of my Chunky Chain, after I learned the key lesson about amigurumi patterns using a smaller hook than recommended. The result is a much tighter, neater and cleaner link, and I think it'll be one that'll wear better over time too. The initial re-work didn't take too long at all, maybe five hours, but I've been testing it out by working a whole chain using the new version, enabling myself to tweak and refine it as I go along. I was even making changes up to the last link, but I'm super pleased with the finished article.
This post is the first half of a deal I made that would result in me allowing myself to go to the wool shop. The deal being that I must write a post first. Hurray!